Saturday, September 16, 2017

Big Bend Stop #contemporaryart

© 2017 DSRourke
Bid Bend Stop 11"x14"
Oil on canvas panel
$525 framed + sh/h
Contact me for purchase 

I snapped a pic of this little house while in Big Bend National Park in West Texas. If you haven't been, the park is a must see. This little house was on our last stop for snacks and gas before hiking Santa Elena Canyon, a truly beautiful spot.  


Stylistically, I'm continuing to simplify my landscapes and explore color and contrast, similar to California artists like Diebenkorn, Raimond Staprans and dear friends (also California artists) Sandy Ostrau and Nancy Boyton Hartley. Love how Raimond and Sandy edit their landscapes down to the basic shapes and paint in layers. Look for more like this from me. #austinartist #DebbiSmithRourke #AustinFineArt #Texaslandscapes #BigBendNationalPark #WestTexasArt #WestTexasAttitude #laststopbeforeSantaElenaCanyon

No comments: