Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanks Mom and Dad / Italian Villa

I just discovered the 30 Thanks Gratitude Adventure or #30thanks started by Marissa Bracke. How inspiring. As today is Nov. 10, I am starting with what she suggests for today which is thanking a parent. Boy, I have two wonderful parents and am so blessed to have had their constant, steady love and guidance throughout my life. And particularly their devotion to and care of one another as an example of how to live a beautiful and happy life. This photo was taken at their home on Thanksgiving day 2 years ago - how appropriate. Look forward to celebrating again with them this year. 
© Debbi Smith Rourke
Italian Villa 17x23.5" unframed. 
Pastel on paper. 27x33.5" framed in black with white matte, UV glass.
$675 + tax (TX only) + $35 shipping.



OK - for an art image. This is a pastel I did 4 years ago from a photo Mom and Dad took on on of their many trips - this one to Italy. I have it hanging in my home and so enjoy it. So thanks again Mom and Dad for getting out and seeing the world and then sharing your photos with me for my art adventures. This has been a fun exercise!! Let's see what tomorrow brings.

4 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

What a great thing - thanking your parents - I wish mine were still here so I could do the same. I suppose I could still thank them, right? Beautiful thought, and how great that you painted from their photos - it's like a wreath of generosity that goes round round!

Susan Roux said...

Your parents sound wonderful! I too have been blessed.

I like this pastel. How lush this villa looks! I think part of your spirit travels with your parents. Their enthusiasm about their trip seems to have poured out on your paper!

Pam Holnback said...

Love the post. How lucky you are to have such parents.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Deb, What wonderful thoughts! Such a sweet tribute to your parents, just wonderful! I also love this artwork!! It reminds me of the work of Joe Draegert, an artist whose work, I admire. He is currently exhibiting at Erickson Fine Art Gallery in Healdsburg, CA. Take a look at the website, you will see the similarity!