Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Early Morning Bridge 24x30"

© Debbi Smith Rourke
Early Morning Bridge   24x30"
Oil on canvas. Original NFS
Gallery-wrapped canvas prints available from 8x10" to 28x35".
Contact me for print prices based on preferred size.

I have so  many pictures of Lake Austin and the 360 bridge. Love shooting it at different times of the day and throughout all the seasons and during a variety of weather conditions. Sunny, cloudy, stormy, foggy, hazy. Amazing how much the same landscape varies each day. This was early morning in December and you can see where the light is hitting the tops of the trees but lower areas are still awaiting the day's sun. This painting is a gift so not for sale - but plan to do more!! Merry Christmas!!! Hope Santa is good to everyone. 

11 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful! I understand why you take so many photos at different times - really great subject matter. Your colors are lovely.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Deb, I love this , and all other versions of this same bridge! Breathtaking! What a perfect Christmas present!

martinealison said...

Lieu magnifique et à votre manière vous avez su transcrire sur votre toile toutes vos émotions. Bravo!
Votre ciel est grandiose.
Bisous et joyeuses fêtes.

LindaHunt said...

Beautiful painting Debbi! The sky is beautifully done also. very nice color throughout.

Pam Holnback said...

This one is great! You could do a series like Kevin Macpherson's, something like 360 of 360.

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Very very nice, I love the sky in this one and the colors are really wonderful together.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbi, I came via Dana Cooper's blog. And so glad I did. I have enjoyed going through your work and look forward to following. Happy Painting!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love this subject, you can paint it a million times and I'll never tire of it. The light is amazing. merry christmas!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Debbi, Very nice painting of a very interesting and unusual subject. I understand why you are fascinated by it..we all are.

Kerri Settle said...

What a view - I love the colors. Have a great New Year Debbi!

Gwen Bell said...

What a serene scene! You've done such a great job of creating depth and atmosphere!