Friday, August 8, 2014

Purple Iris © #abstractfun #sidexsideexhibit

©2014 Debbi Smith Rourke
Purple Iris 10"x8"
Oil on canvas framed in natural wood and black  frame
$350 framed + $25 sh/h
Available on ArtfulGalleries.com

Here is another abstracted image for my "Side by Side" exhibit with photographer Bill Oakey next month at Old Bakery and Emporium. (In our "Side by Side" shows, I paint my interpretations of Bill's photographs.) This is all palette knife work. No brushes. Fun. Makes for easy clean up, too – no brushes to clean. :-)
I may do another larger version. You'd think larger versions would have more detail, but the larger I get, the more I simplify. Interesting! Love the process and exploration. Again, you'll have to come to the exhibit at 10th and Congress during the month of September to see Bill's stellar photo of one gorgeous iris.


No comments: