Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mount Bonnell

© Debbi Smith Rourke
Mount Bonnell  18x18 
Original oil on canvas. SOLD

Prints available:
24x24x.75" gallery-wrapped canvas print

$297 + tax (TX only) + $15 shipping

Earlier this summer I adjusted this painting that I thought I had completed last year - after starting it 2 years ago in Laurel Daniel's plein air class. I always wanted the segue between the sky and hills to be less defined and be smoother, with more flowing paint between them. So I worked on that transition and now love it!! I  also reworked the water a bit. So now it's finished!! Again. Isn't Austin beautiful?? :) 

3 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Beautiful job, Deb. This reminds me of the view from your deck! Is it? I love the colors, composition, everything!

Kerri Settle said...

What a view! I love that bold river.

r garriott said...

Very lovely! And Austin is indeed one of the best places on earth.