Friday, April 2, 2010

Two Shots

© Debbi Smith Rourke
Two Shots  7x5
Oil on canvas board. SOLD.

Two shot glasses - one with lots of detail in the crystal. Not too easy but always like a challenge. Well, I've heard other artists talk about, after a break in painting, feeling like they've forgotten how to paint. That's what this experience was like. After a frustrating beginning and satisfying finish, here's what I am pleased about: I finished a cool little painting. And I learned it's optimum to plan the color scheme first on my color wheel.  Cut crystal is not easy but this looks new and different for me.  Next one will have an even brighter background  color.  I'm being more adventurous and I'm posting again!! Happy Easter everyone.

3 comments:

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Welcome back to painting! Good for you. I like the complimentary colors you chose. I like the brush strokes on the lemon, some good with the shape and others perpendicular to the shape, lovely

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Deb, It takes courage to try something new! So congratulations! We all have to start somewhere! That was a brave step! You are an inspiration for others, like me!!
Also, best of all, you did a great job! I love the thick brush strokes on the shot glasses!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Good for you sticking with it and finishing.
Many times the lessons in a painting don't show up right away, so wiping isn't always the right thing to do. I do like the yellow/violet color harmony. On to the next one!