Monday, April 12, 2010

Shot of Lime

© Debbi Smith Rourke
Shot of Lime  5x7
Oil on canvas. SOLD.

This started as 3 objects: shot glass, lime and a salt shaker. Was too complicated for the size so I wiped it off and simplified it and love it!! My favorite colors. Interesting that after I decided to quit drinking alcohol (better for my energy, weight, allergies),  I'm painting images that make you think of knockin' down shots on the beach during a tropical vacation.  Hope you'll follow me on twitter, too!   http://twitter.com/debsmithrourke

2 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Deb, Lovely painting! Beautiful colors! Love it all! Congrats for stopping drinking!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

That is so funny, that you quit drinking and now are encouraging us to throw them back!!! I love these colors, too, Deb, and I'm glad you're painting!