Monday, February 17, 2014

Swish ©

© 2014 Debbi Smith Rourke
Swish  48" x 36"
Oil on gallery-wrapped canvas
Contact me to purchase


 Diptych of "Swish" and "Swirl" 

Oil on two 48"x36" gallery-wrapped canvases (48" x 72" together) 
Contact me for purchase

I did two studies last year for this diptych titled "Rising Bubbles" and "Colorful Currents." This larger version of Rising Bubbles is more about movement – clearly there are no bubbles. I just totally got immersed in the process and the flow of moving paint around in large areas. Was a blast! Came together rather quickly. The study helped, but I was definitely in a groove that felt GOOD. There appears to be a heart emerging, and I recently realized these are chakra colors. Maybe it's a combined aura!

1 comment:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Gorgeous, brilliant color! I love it!