Friday, December 18, 2009

Charlottetown Colors

© Debbi Smith Rourke
Charlottetown Colors   8x10"  NFS

I painted this Tuesday morning but with the holiday festivities and prep, plus work (which I'm grateful to have), I'm just now getting this posted. This is a Christmas gift for a family member, so let's see if anyone in the family is reading this??? Ha! Painted this from one of Bill Oakey's wonderful photographs he took on a Canadian cruise. This shot was taken on Prince Edward Island. Will enlarge for our  Side by Side continued works. Hope everyone is staying sane and seeing friends and family and enjoying the frenzy!!! xoxo

4 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

This is great. I love the simplicity of the grass/foreground and great job on the sky holes! Happy Holidays.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love this! The colors are beautiful....

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Debbi, Love the effortless look of the brushstrokes, and the simplicity of the composition! Just beautiful. I am also, happy to know that I am not the only one caught up in the frenzy of the holidays. It's so much fun, but so much! Best wishes for a very wonderful Christmas!!

Amy Hillenbrand said...

When I look at his it says happy, hope your family member loves it.