Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nova Scotia Lighthouse /pastel


© Debbi Smith Rourke
Nova Scotia Lighthouse 17.5" x 23.5" 
Pastel on paper. SOLD

This is my interpretation of a photograph taken by Bill Oakey. We are working together again on our "Side by Side" series of works - my painting and drawing interpretations of his fave photos. Rare for me to have the light value as the dominant value but interesting. I also chose to do a split complimentary of red, yellow green and blue green rather than the very blue and gray and red photo - which is lovely on it's own but wanted to change it up. 



2 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Deb, really nice, beautiful colors! I love the idea of the painting and photo shown side by side.

Pam Holnback said...

Wonderful reflection. My eyes move around the painting, from the red, to the red, to the water movement/reflections. Great!!