Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Autumn Gold ©

©2013 Debbi Smith Rourke
Autumn Gold 30"x24"
Oil on gallery-wrapped canvas 
NFS
Bill Oakey and I have enjoyed collaborating in our artistic endeavors since 2007. This year's "Side by Side" work offers new views into this theme of parallelism. My fascination with abstracting the essence of a scene is more pronounced in this years' body of work. We also have some solo pieces in our October exhibit, so some of my purely abstract works will also be exhibited.
Autumn Gold was painted from a photograph Bill shot in Illinois. When you see this in person, it feels like you can just step right into the scene. It feels to me as if the natural world is inviting us to venture beyond the open meadow and into the mystic woods. Aren't you curious what lies ahead? I am. I want to just slip away into the magic.

1 comment:

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Yes, I do want to see whats in the mystic woods. It is fun to see this all finished. Great use of the lights in this one. Good Luck with the show.