Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hill Country Vista

© Debbi Smith Rourke
Hill Country Vista   20x24" 
Oil on canvas. $630 + tax (TX only) + $18 sh/h.



I finished this last night. I enlarged this from a 6x8 study I did last year, entitled Hill Country Landscape, purchased by Bill Oakey. Thanks, Bill! Working larger is much more satisfying for me. So I am going to go find all my 6x8 landscapes and start doing larger, bolder versions! What fun. I just love the Texas Hill Country. This is from a photo I took near several wineries just east of Fredericksburg. That was a fun day! Hope you can see the subtle dark colors in the silhouetted trees.

4 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Painting is fun! Love it!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Wow, Deb! This is stunning! I love the drama, and can just feel the heat coming from the ground, with the intense orange. Just beautiful! I also like the idea of making bigger versions of the small ones. I should do that too.

Lori Bonanni said...

Great perspective and color! I've never been to Hill Country but it must be beautiful!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

what a good idea to paint a larger version of all the 6x8's.
This is nice.