Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pedernales Falls

© Debbi Smith Rourke
Pedernales Falls  23.5" x 17.5" 
Pastel on paper. 33" x 27.5" framed with mat and glass.
$650 + tax (TX only) + shipping/handling. 
I created this from a photograph a friend took at Pedernales Falls State Park. I loved the image and enhanced the colors with my preferred color palette - at lease that was my intent. You can't really see the pink accent marks much in this photo unless you enlarge it. After having record heat this year, this image is very refreshing to me. Also, it's  not over worked. Knew when to stop this time. That's a HUGE lesson for me!

2 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Debbie, You did a beautiful job! Great colors and composition. You are right, that is an important lesson, knowing when to stop. It is so easy to keep going over a painting, to the point where it is "over done". So many lessons, so little time!! Thank you for the reminder!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

And for us all. I love it. Great composition and color.