Monday, November 19, 2012

Sunny Window

©Debbi Smith Rourke
Sunny Window 8x6"
Oil on archival panel unframed
$180 + $15 sh/h in Contiguous US





I recently asked my angels for color inspiration for this "Rothko on steroids" abstract series. This is the second color combo I received - both in one night.  Bright yellow, surrounded by white, surrounded by gray with a hint of purple. (I went heavy on the purple.) I later found out archangel Uriel, whose name means "Light of God," is associated with pale yellow candlelight. It is said Uriel illuminates our minds with inspiration, ideas and insights. Hmm, maybe this post should go on my angel blog. The lines are blurring. Love it!!



2 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Love th thick juicy paint, and beautiful colors! Looks like you are having fun!

Pam Holnback said...

Love the use of complements. And, yes, why not put this on the angel blog!