Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fall Sunset


©Debbi Smith Rourke
Fall Sunset 8x6"
Oil on archival panel / unframed
$180 + $15 sh/h in Contiguous US





I have been inspired by so many artists on my path to this abstracted landscape world, which I LOVE!!!! Beginning from Matisse and Picasso to the modern works of Rothko, Hockney and Kahn. Working artists who've more recently reeled me down this abstracted path include Lisa Daria, Becky Bennett, Nancy Hartley, Sandy Ostrau and Joyce Howell. I am having a blast!!! Big or small, it's still about color, composition, movement, vitality, texture, form, temperature and a ton of play. I love the visual surprises that simply emerge, revealing unexpected magic. Let's see where this leads me. And you too, I hope. ;-)

1 comment:

Pam Holnback said...

I love this new, fun direction!