Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bronze Portal


©Debbi Smith Rourke
Bronze Portal  8x6"
Oil on canvas panel unframed
$180 + $15 sh/h in Contiguous US





My angel connections / blog and my art / art blog are inspiring one another. Three years ago I dreamed a color combo of lime green surrounded by white, surrounded by teal. I wasn't painting abstracts, so I created a still life. 

©Debbi Smith Rourke
Cream and Sugar 8x10" Oil on canvas. 

When I began abstracts, something that emerged after simplifying my landscapes, I decided I should paint the original dream colors. I entitled the painting Inspired Dream posted below. It was exhilarating to paint! I started using the palette knife, painting wildly and energetically. Was so much fun! I was in the ZONE. Clearly a part of me or my angelic/light being guides knew I would one day be painting abstracts. 
©Debbi Smith Rourke
Inspired Dream  30 x 24"  Oil on canvas. 
So I asked my angels for artistic inspiration to continue this series I jokingly refer to as "Rothko on steroids." I dreamed this new color combo (top image), brilliant teal surrounded by orange that darkened to a deep taupe and then dark brown around the edges. Emerald green is the color of archangel Raphael who is known as a healer, and bronze is the color of archangel Gabriel, known for inspiring artists. Woohoo. LOVE being in sync with the universe. 

2 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Deb, love your enthusiasm, and excitement! I can feel it in your work! Just Beautiful!

Laurel Daniel said...

It's fun to see your new direction with the abstracts... and the correlation to your more traditional approach. It's cool that the two feed off of one another! Love it!
XOXO